Custom made for form and fit to meet individual unique applications. Flexible connectors are made from either braid or strand and suitably terminated. When called for, flexible connectrors are supplied insulated for protection and identification purposes.
Where the continuous current rating is likely to exceed 400 amps then this is generally accommodated within our Flexible Bus Bar range of products.
Technical assistance is available to ensure Hilltop supplies the optimum solution for your specifc application.
Features & Benefits:
- Complete product ready to fit
- Custom built to meet specific mechanical and electrical performance criteria.
- Option to manufacture to drawing or replicate existing product
- Current ratings up to 400A
- Very wide range of terminations available to suit all requirements.
- Can be supplied with solder 'water block' barrier to prevent moisture absorption
- Available with various types of insulation]
- Option to fit identification markers
A wide range of termination types is available. This ensures that the correct mechanical bond between the conductor and the fixing down pint is attained.
CHARACHTERISTICS OF BRAIDS
STRAND/ROPE (CF range)
- Flexible in every aspect
- Perfect cylinder shape
- Long length can be obtained
- Does not accept torsion however as if torsion is in the opposite direction, this would risk the strand/rope being splayed out (widened and separated)
- When braid is cut, strands may separate
CIRCULAR BRAID (CB range)
- Very flexible
- Strands do not separate when cut
- Resists torsion
- No a perfect cylinder
- Great lengths cannot be obtained
FLAT BRAID (FLB range)
- Thickness is in limits with respect to its width
- Larger amp rating/busbars can be achieved with using multi-layers/stacking
- Low lateral flexibility
- Limited sections
- Limited connection tightness due to overlapping of strips which oppose each other when flexing occurs
Choice of Materials:
- Electro tin-plated copper
- Plain copper
- Nickel-plated copper
- Stainless steel
- Alternative non-ferrous & ferrous materials on request.
See DOWNLOADS Or PDF (How To Order) Sheet for further details.
|Quick Search Code||100395|